Keeping Boilers in Port Huron in Peak Operating Condition for Over 63 Years
No matter what kind of boiler you have—electric, gas, or combination—you need to take steps to maintain it. And, for safety and efficiency reasons, it’s best to leave that to a licensed HVAC professional. Someone with boiler repair experience is better able to identify potential repairs early, often eliminating the need for early system replacement.
At Vincent's Heating & Plumbing, we’ve been providing boiler maintenance service to Port Huron since we first opened our doors in 1959. Regardless of boiler model or brand, we have the expertise necessary to complete your annual service in a prompt, professional manner. To learn more about our regular maintenance program—and how it can save you 10 percent on your annual heating bills—give (810) 985-7103 a call.
The Dangers of Skipping Boiler Maintenance
Money’s a little tight right now, and you’d probably like to spend it on anything other than boiler service. We get that, but this is one area we advise spending a little extra. Skipping annual maintenance not only means a shorter lifespan for your boiler, but can also pose a severe safety risk to you and your home. Without regular visits from an HVAC expert, your boiler will consume more energy, lose efficiency, and become increasingly at risk for catastrophic failure.
Left untreated, your system can build up excess heat and pressure—becoming a bomb on a fritzy fuse. And, if that safety risk isn’t enough to convince you, there are warranty requirements to consider. Many manufacturers will require proof of annual boiler maintenance before fulfilling their obligations. So, if you don’t want to be left on the hook for an expensive repair, it’s best to give (810) 985-7103 a call and join our yearly service program.
The Benefits of Heater Maintenance in Port Huron
We wrote briefly about the dangers of skipping boiler maintenance, but now it’s time to look on the bright side. Having your system regularly checked by the HVAC experts at Vincent's Heating & Plumbing can:
- Catch Problems Early: What was a loose bolt or rivet can quickly blossom into a repair worth hundreds of dollars. During our check, we’ll check belts and other components for signs of excess wear. Replacing them before they break is the best way to prevent a catastrophic failure.
- Push-Off Boiler Replacement: The low cost of regular boiler maintenance is far lower than what you’ll shell out for a brand-new boiler. By making your system more efficient and relieving excess wear, you can extend your unit’s life by months or years. This will give you ample time to save up for a replacement.
- Safety: Annual boiler maintenance protects your family from the risks associated with a lack of boiler maintenance. This includes a lower likelihood of carbon monoxide exposure and a lessened chance of complete system failure. Call Vincent's Heating & Plumbing to get your next annual service scheduled and sleep easier.
- Lower Heating Costs: Imagine trying to run with ankle weights. It’d be a lot harder than doing so unencumbered, right? Well, the former scenario is what your boiler deals with if it isn’t regularly cleaned and maintained. Through annual boiler maintenance, you give your boiler what it needs to perform at its best. Our typical customer reaps a savings of 10 percent or more on a yearly basis through this one service. We’ve looked at what happens if you don’t service your boiler, so let’s look at some of the advantages of performing regular maintenance on your boiler.
What Our Boiler Maintenance Program Covers
There’s a lot involved in making sure your heating system runs safely and securely this winter. During your annual boiler maintenance, our HVAC technician will:
- Inspect around and under your boiler for leaking water
- Make sure the area around the boiler is unobstructed
- Check temperature and pressure readings
- Check for error and service codes
- Test pH levels of the water
- Inspect and flush the condensate system
- Examine and clean the burner, flame sensors, and ignitor
- Inspect your vents for signs of blockage, corrosion, and deterioration
- Verify control systems and safety devices are functioning as intended
- Make sure the vent termination is unobstructed
- Inspect the combustion air opening for blockages
- Listen for unusual noises or vibrations from equipment
- Inspect the combustion air piping and flue gas vent piping
- Inspect the relief valve discharge pipe and boiler relief valve
- Inspect the condensate drain line, PVC fittings, drain system, and drain trap
- Inspect the boiler’s hydronic piping
- Inspect the burner flame
Trust Us to Tackle Your Boiler Problems in Port Huron or Fort Gratiot
At Vincent's Heating & Plumbing, we’re true heating and AC experts. This means we’re not only able to tackle your annual boiler maintenance but also repair and replace your system as well. All of our technicians receive ongoing training to ensure they’re ready to service any boiler including those from AO Smith, Bock, and Bryan. If you live in Marysville, Fort Gratiot, or the surrounding areas, we invite you to give our boiler company a try. To see why so many people trust us with their HVAC service, check out our reviews on Google.